Should You Stop Watching the News?
“SHOULD YOU STOP WATCHING THE NEWS?”
CONGRATULATIONS! BY PRINTING THIS OUT, YOU ARE
TAKING THE FIRST STEP TO A HEALTHIER LIFESTYLE.
HOW TO START REMOVING THE NEWS FROM YOUR LIFE:
1. Talk to your partner on how they feel about taking steps to remove some news from your lives. It will be more difficult for you if your partner is not on board, but not impossible. (Maybe have them listen to this podcast episode too.) It is important they know what you would like to do for your life so they may choose to support you.
2. Change your computer desktop and internet hub (Google, Bing, Firefox, Internet Explorer) to “focused mode” which is an all-white screen. This will keep the news pop-ups out of your way daily.
3. Comb through your social media accounts to “unfollow” people that are constantly posting news stories, negativity, and all the bad things going on in the world. You have no need for drama queens or kings!
4. Don’t let the TV control you. Remove TV from your bedroom and work on making this room your sanctuary.
5. Focus on positive things that bring you happiness daily: good news story of the day. Subscribe to uplifting podcasts (like this one), gratitude audio, or download cute puppy videos. Whatever will put a smile on your face.